Is My Child Ready For Preschool?August 22, 2017
Occupational Therapist-North Port CampusAugust 28, 2017
Speech Language Pathologist
The Florida Center for Early Childhood – Sarasota, FL
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Valid Florida state license in Speech/Language Pathology.
- Certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Minimum of 2 years pediatric experience post Master’s degree. Exceptions can be made depending on experience and qualifications of current staff.
- Medicaid Number Preferred
- Bilingual Preferred
- Upon referral, complete a comprehensive evaluation and assessment of the patient (at least annually) to determine the degree of deficits.
- Develop an individual treatment plan in collaboration with the other members of the team to accomplish the treatment goals as determined by the therapist and client’s family.
- Implement the treatment program utilizing the appropriate therapeutic techniques based on current research, data and/or therapeutic models.
- Conditionally monitor with ongoing assessment the treatment outcomes and revise treatment programs according to client’s performance.
- Maintain paperwork pertinent to patient treatment:
- Initial Evaluation and Plan of Care completed within two weeks.
- Annual re-evaluations; or more frequent reporting of progress as required by third-party payers.
- Daily progress notes.
- Prepare for quarterly report of progress for Early Intervention Services reporting of outcome data
- Participate and prepare for IEP or IFSP meetings.
- Work closely with Intake Coordinator to monitor therapy authorizations to ensure continuity of care
- Update “Plan of Care” as needed.
- Closing summary within two weeks of discharge.
- Consult with The Florida Center for Early Childhood’s staff and other agencies involved with client.
- Provide visits to homes and other community early childhood centers when necessary or requested by supervisor.
- Report any problems with department equipment to ensure that it is maintained in good working order.
- Advocate for the client.
- Participate in community outreach activities, including child care staff training, community education and developmental screening upon request of supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fax resume (941)378-4919 EOE/DFWP