Career Opportunity: Early Childhood Court Therapist, Sarasota Location
Job Title: Early Childhood Court Therapist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Kimberly Treharne, Director ECC
Location: 4620 17th St, Sarasota, FL 34235
ABOUT THE FLORIDA CENTER
The Florida Center for Early Childhood is a nationally accredited nonprofit organization providing an array of comprehensive therapeutic services, clinical interventions, prevention and early education programming for children and families. We provide prevention and early intervention services to young children and their families, at risk for academic, social, and economic failure. Because of this, our young children achieve developmentally appropriate milestones and parents have the support and knowledge to nurture their child’s development; which decreasing risk factors related to child abuse and neglect, academic and developmental delay, and behavioral and mental health disorders that create added costs to society.
The Florida Center for Early Childhood is seeking a Full Time Therapist who will be a part of the Early Childhood Court initiative in Manatee County. Positions will be primarily field based providing Child Parent Psychotherapy for families in dependency court with children 0-36 months in out of home care.
- Most families coming into care have histories of trauma and ECC provides a therapeutic approach to healing the root cause of the families’ addiction or domestic violence that keeps them from safely parenting.
- Candidates will be required to attend court and family team meetings on a regular basis and have strong report writing skills.
- Strong foundation in providing trauma informed care is required, preferably with the early childhood population.
- Master’s Degree
- Florida license in social work, marriage and family therapy, or mental health counseling.
- Candidate should be CPP trained
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate families’ needs.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Gigi Gillis – firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 941-378-4919
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.